El plan de rescate de los mineros chilenos.
See this video news in Spanish and learn about the plans to rescue the Chilean miners and the time that it would take to do so.
El rescate de los mineros atrapados bajo tierra en Chile podría demorarse hasta cuatro meses. Conozca los detalles de cómo planean traerlos a la superficie en este video de BBC Mundo.
See here below some details of the news in English to help you understand the news in Spanish.
The plan to rescue the 33 men in Chile nearly three quarters of a kilometre underground is a greater challenge. But, says John Urosek, who took part in the 2002 Quecreek mine rescue in Pennsylvania, it is not “mission impossible.”
The key to the operation is the use of a specialist drilling machine, designed to bore deep narrow holes through any rock to a depth of just over a kilometre.
1. First, a 33cm pilot hole is drilled down to the miners’ location
2. Next, the hole is “reamed” with a wider drill to a diameter of between 60 and 70cm. Debris falls down the hole to the bottom
3. Thirdly, a rescue capsule is lowered down to the men and each is slowly brought to the surface
About The Author
Ana Quetal is the founder of AnasClassroom. She provides a UK support for the GCSE Spanish exam. She is an expert Spanish teacher, an online Spanish tutor and she offers private tuitions via Skype to learn and practice conversational Spanish.
If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic. While you are at it, follow her on Twitter.
Last 5 Posts by Ana Quetal
- Spanish conversartion classes starting in January-February-March 2014 - January 25th, 2014
- GCSE Spanish oral examinations. The roll play. - January 25th, 2014
- Spanish conversation courses in January 2014 - January 3rd, 2014
- who needs Spanish GCSE extra support - December 14th, 2013
- Happy faces - September 16th, 2011